Complementary therapies and integrated medicine
Please be aware that the Huntington’s Disease Association do not advocate any particular complementary therapies for use in Huntington’s disease. There is little scientific evidence to back any claims made for these therapies. Information given in this session is without prejudice and is in order the participants may explore any areas of their interest independently.
Biologically based approaches
Co Enzyme Q10
Antioxidants, Blueberries and Walnuts
Manipulative and body based therapies
Mind body interventions
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Alternative medical systems
- Don’t neglect mainstream treatments
- Safety & effectiveness of many therapies is unknown
- Be aware of safe dose range
- Select practitioners with care- most therapies have a regulation system. Find a registered practitioner.
- Avoid needless expense
- Tell your physician about any remedies you are taking or practicing
- Be aware of interactions between remedies and between CAM and conventional medications