About the Huntington’s Disease Association
The Huntington’s Disease Association exists to support people affected by the disease and to provide information and advice to professionals whose task it is to support Huntington’s disease families. The HDA is financed through the generosity of trusts, foundations, the statutory and corporate sectors, branches of the HDA, members and friends.
HDA organisation and structure
Central Care Information, Advice and Support Service
This operates from our registered office in Liverpool and consists of paid staff and volunteers. The office is open from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm weekdays (except bank holidays). Phone Head Office on 0151 331 5444.
Specialist HD Advisory Service
These consist of teams of Specialist HD Advisers who:
- provide information and advice to families
- answer crises calls and liaise with other professional service providers
- promote and develop a full range of local services
- identify suitable respite and residential care facilities
- liaise with local branches and self-help groups
- give talks and organise seminars and training days
- provide speakers for training sessions
- provide workshops for service providers and users such as health, social services, nursing homes, and residential care staff teams
See our Specialist HD Advisers page for more details.
Local branches and groups throughout the UK
These groups provide a local, informal setting for families and individuals to:
- mix socially
- offer support and advice
- share experiences and ideas
- form local links with professionals and other groups in their community
- raise funds
- organise speakers
and, above all, provide a forum to share a common purpose and reduce the feeling of isolation. See our Local Branches and Support Groups pages for more details.
Our programme promotes and also funds both medical and social research. New applications from researchers are encouraged. See our Research pages for more details.
The information contained on this page is available to download from our fact sheets page.