Certificated Course in HD 21-22 November 2017
The Huntington’s Disease Association wishes to invite you to attend our certificated course in HD. This is a unique opportunity to meet with fellow professionals in HD, to develop a deeper understanding of the illness, to share ideas and discuss the management of complex situations. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate stating that you have undertaken training approved by the HDA to enhance your practice.
- Demonstrate that you have a broad understanding of the effects of Huntington’s disease on the individual and family.
- Outline the key issues that the course explores.
- Explain why working with families affected by HD demonstrates many complex issues.
- Show how it is possible to draw on the knowledge and understanding of others to promote your own learning and practice.
- Develop skills in critical reflection and self analysis.
- Develop long lasting relationships with others working in the field of HD.
Leading consultants from the field of HD will be covering the following topics: genetics, neuro-psychology, psychiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and palliative care.
Following each formal presentation, there interaction either by questions or a case study which will encapsulate the topic covered and encourage participants to consider how Huntington’s disease impacts upon individuals and families.
To attend this unique event please download, complete and return the booking form below along with your payment. If you require invoicing please ensure that you include the name and address of where to send the invoice. Please note terms and conditions on the booking form.
Please note: accommodation is not included
On completion of the course a certificate of accreditation from the Huntington’s Disease Association will be awarded to you.
The course will commence at 9.30 am on 21st November and finish approximately at 5.00 pm on 22nd November 2017.
The cost of the course includes refreshments and lunch on both days.
It is anticipated that this course will be over subscribed so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
You will receive confirmation of place and directions to the venue at least two weeks before the event.
Closing date for applications is 10th October 2017. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If the delegate is unable attend a substitute is welcome to attend, please notify Head Office on Email: email@example.com or Tel: 0151 331 5444.
** Cancellations:** We do not accept cancellations after 30th October 2017.
- 3 to 6 weeks before event date - 50% of total course cost
- 7 to 10 weeks before event date - £25 admin charge
If you have any questions please contact Head Office on 0151 331 5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org