Certificated Course in HD
The Huntington’s Disease Association wishes to invite you to attend our certificated course in HD. This is a unique opportunity to meet with fellow professionals in HD, to develop a deeper understanding of the illness, to share ideas and discuss the management of complex situations. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate stating that you have undertaken training approved by the HDA to enhance your practice.
- Demonstrate that you have a broad understanding of the effects of Huntington’s disease on the individual and family.
- Outline the key issues that the course explores.
- Explain why working with families affected by HD demonstrates many complex issues.
- Show how it is possible to draw on the knowledge and understanding of others to promote your own learning and practice.
- Develop skills in critical reflection and self analysis.
- Develop long lasting relationships with others working in the field of HD.
Leading consultants from the field of HD will be covering the following topics: genetics, neuro-psychology, psychiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and palliative care.
Following each formal presentation, there interaction either by questions or a case study which will encapsulate the topic covered and encourage participants to consider how Huntington’s disease impacts upon individuals and families.
To attend this unique event please download, complete and return the booking form below along with your payment. If you require invoicing please ensure that you include the name and address of where to send the invoice. Please note terms and conditions on the booking form.
We have negotiated a good rate for accommodation with the Jurys Inn Hotel which you can book through the Association when reserving your place on the course. Alternatively there are many other hotels within a 2 mile radius of the venue, should you wish to stay elsewhere.
On completion of the course a certificate of accreditation from the Huntington’s Disease Association will be awarded to you.
The course will commence at 13.00 on 16th May and finish approximately at 15.00 on 18th May 2016.
The cost of the course includes evening dinner for all participants on 16th May and lunchbreaks on 17th and 18th May.
It is anticipated that this course will be over subscribed so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
You will receive confirmation of place and directions to the venue at least two weeks before the event.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Terms and conditions
Cancellations: If the delegate is unable attend a substitute is welcome to attend please notify Head Office on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0151 331 5444 we do not accept cancellations after 18th April 2017 for the course. Cancellations -
- 3 to 6 weeks before event date - 50% of total course cost
- 7 to 10 weeks before event date - £25 admin charge
If you have any questions please contact Head Office on 0151 331 5444 or email@example.com