Join the international Huntington’s disease community and #LightItUp4HD by encouraging a local building or landmark to light up in pink and green HDA colours – or why not light up your own home?
Light up your home
Light up a window in your home pink or green to join the HD community in bringing Huntington’s out of the shadows.
Request a #LightItUp4HD home pack by email email@example.com or call 0151 331 5445.
The pack contains:
- 2 paper candle lantern bags
- 1 pink LED tea light
- 1 green LED tea light
- 1 #LightItUp4HD window poster
Why not post a picture of the lights in your window? Use #LightItUp4HD and #HDawarenessweek
Light up a building or landmark
What to do
- Pick a local landmark or building that has the ability to light up (read our FAQs about taking part in #LightItUp4HD).
- Write, email or call your chosen building to ask them to take part during 15 - 21 May 2017. Use this email/letter template to help you. (You can check to see if the building has already agreed to take part by visiting lightitup4hd.com).
- If your chosen building agrees to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Contact your local press to ask them to feature the story.
- Be prepared to visit the building on the evening it lights up to take a photograph or, even better, talk to people nearby about Huntington’s disease. You could even invite the local press to join you on the night.